 Trains / 25341
Re: Samsonite 118 Train set
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.general
Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2005 20:06:26 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Eric Strand wrote:
I just posted the 1968 FAO Schwarz catalog here:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/estrand/Vintage-Ads/lego_ad_1968_fao_schwarz_toy_catalog.jpg

Contains the Samsonite 118 train which has always been something of a mystery.

Dear Eric!

Call me confused - but I do not see the Samsonite 118 (similar or identical to
European 119). But what I recognize is the 116 train set for cheap (?) 20$.

Does anybody haven an idea what the exchange rate between Dollar and Deutschmark
har been in 1968?

Here the 116 set has cost approx. 100 DM. So the exchange rate could have been
near 1:5.

A while ago you have posted a link to a 1969 advertisement which contained in
fact 118 and the legendary set 371.

Leg Godt!

Ben