 Trains / 25334
Re: Two British 37s - and another soon!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sat, 4 Jun 2005 11:14:52 GMT

   There are quite a few liveries of Class 37s.

I’ve just completed one in Railfreight grey with red stripe, based on this: http://www.railfaneurope.net/pix/gb/diesel/37/37_5/37674a.jpg

With this livery the roof colour varies between locos - I’ve done mine in black. I hope to post some pictures soon.

Mark

IIRC there are at least two liveries for the red and yellow EWS. One which has a sort of jagged stripe (like you see on the 66’s). I really liked the BR one as it is a brand spanking new paintjob and the colours are almost exactly Lego ones (although the blue is a little darker). It makes it so much easier to see which colours go where (some of the tattier trains have reds which look grey from dirt).

Look forward to seeing more versions.

Tim

PS. I’ll bet you will have all the wheels too rather than faking the middle ones like I have.