 Trains / 25263
    Re: Trolley —John Neal
   In lugnet.trains, Bruce S. Chamberlain wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> Hey Bruce- I began building a version of James' trolley (mine shall be a white ambassador trolley) and found an issue attaching the upside down train rail in (URL) Step 6 here>. We (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Trolley —Samarth Moray
     (...) IIRC, it's only a negligible distance. The attachment is reasonably secure. But it can be enough to bother you if you're a stickler for details. (I know I am!) Legoswami (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Trolley —Bruce S. Chamberlain
     (...) John, I didn't notice this at the time, but when you point it out and I put the pieces together in my head, I can see you are right. I am going to have to take it appart and check if this affects the fit of the other parts. Thanks, Bruce (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Trolley —James Mathis
     (...) John, Thanks for catching this fault in the construction. I failed to notice this error. And, I don't like it. Rather embarrassing. Maybe this (URL) alternate construction will work using 1x1 headlamp bricks (one stud on the side)>. And, Bruce (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Trolley —Frank Filz
      (...) I've seen many a construction get bitten by the fact that a stud is ever so slightly taller than 1/2 plate (and it's the stud itself, not the logo - my simple test for height differences is to match two pieces and then run my fingernail (...) (19 years ago, 24-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Trolley —John Neal
     (...) lol I'm telling you that there are dangers to virtual building! :-) Well, I putzed around with it a little, but I am siccing Ross on the project and told him to have at it, only keeping the overall "feel" of the MOC intact. I might even be (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

         Re: Trolley —James Mathis
     (...) And, Bruce Chamberlain pointed out another error. The front windows don't push back as far as I indicate in the virtual model. The 1/2-stud inset of the doors interfers with the front window insertion. Back to the drawing board on that. (...) (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: Trolley —James Mathis
   Here are some more design modifications thanks to (URL) Bruce Chamberlain> and (URL) Hans-Juergen Gaus>. There was an interference problem with inserting the windows into the 1/2-stud inset doors. Both Bruce and Hans-Juergen addressed this problem (...) (19 years ago, 25-May-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)