 Trains / 25261
Re: Vienna tram system now hauling freight (ie: Train Ideas!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 23 May 2005 21:20:16 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.trains, Robert Fries wrote:
   Here’s some photos of the new freight service on Vienna’s tram lines. They’re aparently named “bims” because of the sound of their warning bell:

That’s terrifically cute/bizarre! Thanks for finding this little gem! I think it would be a hilarious model (4 wide containers have a prototype after all!)...

Its not the first modern freight tram, Dresden has some for carrying VW car parts from a factory

However I think the Vienna version is far better, it has far more character.

Tim