 Trains / 25123 (-10)
  Re: best way to support elevated plates?

(...) Sounds like what I'm after. Unfortunately, a search for "GMLTC lattice" didn't turn up any posts, except for yours, with both words in it. I also tried the same search at brickshelf, with no luck. Can anyone point me to a picture or more (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Eh? The point is the books were originally called the Rev. W Awdry's Railway Series, so the title 'Thomas and the Magic Railroad' is something of a travesty. But they all are, anyway, except Thomas. The closest to Thomas is a small number of (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) The characters from the original 26 books by the Rev W Awdry, and the next 14 books by his son Christopher Awdry use characters based on real engines and stories that happened on the real railway (whether transposed to a different railway (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: best way to support elevated plates?

(...) Consider GMLTC lattice. Strong, light, made of common elements and modular in that it conforms to various heights well. XFUT lugnet.trains... a search with this string "GMLTC lattice" should find you a pic of it... (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.build, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Thomas in the US includes a "Brio compatible" product from some company that is NOT Brio, near as I can tell (TC Timbers??? I forget). Everything interoperates but the track is different, it has ties simulated via grooves that go across the (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Now, it is my understanding that all of the characters are all based on real-life locos. Not so? (...) lol that is amusing. I had heard that Mozart was being played as well. How awful for those poor subway loitering ne'er-do-wells:-) BTW, I (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) I had Brio trains, along with a plastic variant the same size. I've seen Thomas Brio, but I've never particularly shopped for Thomas products abroad. Jason Railton (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) No kidding: "Matthew", Hebrew for "gift of God" :-) JOHN (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) That sounds almost as tacky as calling him a 'railroad' engine. As I said, I've never been subjected to that in years of books, TV and even LPs of Johnny Morris reading recordings of the books. I have heard the TV series theme tune played over (...) (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo, FTX)

  Re: 8 Wide LEGO Thomas! (pics)

(...) Hey, good call. And the Hebrew first name, come to think of it. Who the heck am I, anyway? Dave! (19 years ago, 12-May-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.duplo)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact