 Trains / 2511
    Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego) —Larry Pieniazek
   I can't provide the proof, I spent some time digging fruitlessly but I seem to recall reading in a book somewhere as a child that England was 4' 8" and America was the extra 1/2 inch wider. As to gauge conversions, my understanding of the US (...) (25 years ago, 31-Oct-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)

        Re: More scale questions (Was: Scale of Lego) —James Powell
    (...) Actually, if you go out and measure Tangent track now, you will find it is 4 8 1/4, and curve is 4 8 1/2 + There are real reasons why, (don't ask me though!), mostly to do with wheel wear and tracking. (the gauge narrowing makes higher speeds (...) (25 years ago, 1-Nov-99, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.build)