 Trains / 25079
Re: Curatorship of lugnet.trains
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Mon, 9 May 2005 22:14:28 GMT

In lugnet.trains, David VinZant wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Tim David wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
If you're interested in being a co-curator of the lugnet.trains hierarchy please
drop me a line. Thanks.

Tim David has very kindly agreed to assist with this, please show him every
courtesy as he gets his feet wet. I'm sure he'd appreciate content suggestions
mailed to him, you can find his address at the bottom of the sidebar (where he
added it...)

Thanks to Lar for taking me on, I think he's set a good standard to meet so far
so I'll do my best.

And yes, send me suggestions! I'd like to try and update a bit more often than
recently (Not critising Lar, I know he works very hard but he also has many
responsibilities) One thing I was thinking was to show things seen on
www.brickshelf.com etc. but not mentioned here. Is that a good idea?

Tim

I think that would be a good Idea. You would have to make sure you give the
person time to post it themselfs. I know it takes time to get the images online
then write a post about it. Maybe you could also to a most recent train stuff
from MOC pages. I am sure there is alot that goes unoticed from there.

www.GPLR.org

Dave

You were right about letting people post themselves, I jumped the gun a little
with the Stuttgart tram, sorry Holger. (Its good to see German AFOLSs posting
here, although I see plenty of German Lego train activity on Brickshelf there
doesn't seem to be as much posting about it here as there used to be. (where are
you Ben?!))
I'll be looking everywhere for the inspirational pics, its a pity MOCpages seems
so flaky at the moment.

I've pretty much finished with changing the sidebar now, I've tried not to alter
the basic concept too much but I wanted to shorten it so the reference stuff and
the older cool images have moved to seperate pages. As the cool pics get
replaced I'll move them to the older page so hopefully it will build up a big
gallery of the best stuff.

From now on I'll just be trying to keep the sidebar upto date. I am planning to
add new MOC pics as they appear and keep them on the sidebar for a minimum of a
week, if none are announced for a while then the last two will stay. Similarly
I'll update the cool pics, but less regularly.

I like to think of lugnet.trains as THE place to talk about Lego trains on the
web. Its about the only theme that hasn't got its own seperate forum elsewhere,
mainly because lugnet.trains is so friendly (just don't mention 6vs8!) and
people seem to be interested in every aspect of railways from all around the
world. I would invite you all to help keep it that way and help it grow!

As ever any suggestions, correction, comments or cool links and images, just
mail me

Tim.