 Trains / 24673
  New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels

Here's a new train MOC, a prototype Class 14 diesel loco. (URL) It uses BBB wheels and is articulated to get round the curves. It uses 2 technic gearmotors for power, so it has an electric feed from an adjacent vehicle with a train motor (not yet (...) (20 years ago, 26-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.technic, lugnet.build, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels

(...) Very nice! (...) From my experience, the hardest part of doing that is matching the speed of the supply car. I actually ended up putting a rubber band drive in my loco to allow some slip, and gearing so it was faster than the train motor. The (...) (20 years ago, 27-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New MOC: Prototype Class 14 Diesel Loco with BBB Wheels

(...) I found that at low power levels of RCX drive, a technic motor in parallel actually caused the train motor to speed up - the technic motor must provide some filtering of the PWM. I already have other engines using gearmotors, so I used similar (...) (20 years ago, 28-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)