 Trains / 24623 (-20)
  Re: O-Train

(...) snip (...) Wow, that's a fabulous resource. Thanks for posting the link. It's amazing to see so many different solutions to this problem. On the subject of the ILTCO library, I didn't even realize it existed (not that I've poked around ILTCO (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

(...) snip (...) Cool, thanks. Lol, maybe, who knows. I have bought my fair share of LEGO train sets. :) (...) Yeah, that's pretty cool. Nice and simple and easy to use. I also saw pics of it in Steve's "Advanced Train Building" presentation after (...) (20 years ago, 18-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

I have been studying this design and appreciate the latest detail pics. This is truly an example of LEGO elegance; functionality and simplicity at it's finest. Thanks for sharing and also these images are superb! I was wondering what kind of (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Jason I am glad you took some nice pictures of the O train. I saw it from the show pics and wanted to see more. And for not being a train guy you did an excilent job. Maybe deep down your are a train guy. ;) I also had a problem with tring to (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Thanks for that. I actually managed to reverse engineer it from the pictures last night but these new pics confirm that I'd done it correctly. I'll steal it for my own model as it has such a flat profile. Tim (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Yes, just check : (URL) (...) A close coupling I've seen but not in train MOC is this one : (URL) like also to remember the very good paper on close coupling and other train related building technics (ILTCO library) : "Advanced Train Building" (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Thanks! (...) Those buffers are actually in the (URL) Cargo Train> as well, which is where I got them, so I can only assume they've made into other MOCs before now. (...) Sounds intriguing. (...) You're very welcome! (...) J (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

(...) <snip> (...) Cool, thanks! I'm glad you like it. It certainly took a lot of experimentation to get there. Looking back I'm not really sure why, since it seems so simple now. I'm sure prior knowledge of existing solutions would have affected (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

(...) <snip> (...) Thanks! (...) The motor connection works the same way. The only difference is that I had to make some slight changes to accomodate the form factor of the motor. Namely the pin that sticks up in the middle and the two 'hooks' on (...) (20 years ago, 17-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Town & Train Display - GATS Pictures - MichLTC

(...) Steve...thanks for the "wow"..I allways enjoy pulling(strawbossing, doing the trackdesigner etc.) this show together because it seems our members allways stepup for this one(gats novi)every year.We are all trying to go for more detail then (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

(...) The other, and likely reason that the axel hole was redesigned, is to be consistant with the new mini axel car wheels. These were redesigned to lock onto the axel for bull back and electrified racer motors. Unfortunatly all of these moter use (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

Sweet! I saw this a while back with some of the club pics (one of the rare occasions I actually check out something like that) and your model was one of those that struck me. I see the BNSF buffers have made their first (?) MOC appearance as well. (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Jason, I haven't kept up to pace on close-coupling of train cars, but I'm really impressed by your solution. It is low-profile, shared trucks, and looks very clean, simple, and straight-forward. A fresh-look by you without working knowledge of (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Who is UR on Brickshelf

Hi I have for some time admired some very exciting train models on Brickshelf made by "UR" (URL) would very much try to create a ABS-version of his Swiss Crocodile, so I am interested to study the dat-file if available. It would also be great to (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Who is...

(...) It would appear to be a guy name Heiner Berg. I believe this is his website: (URL) Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (URL) CLB> (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, FTX)

  Who is...

HeinerBerg on Brickshelf? (URL) would like to contact this person... Rob www.brickmodder.net (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: O-Train

(...) Wow! That's a fantastic light rail model. And in six wide! Brilliant work. I was wondering how you used the engine in the shared bogey? You have pictures of the other wheelset (with the spring loading) but not the engine. I ask because I want (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  O-Train

(URL) All aboard the (URL)! Built for ParLUGment's Winterlude 2005 train layout, the O-Train is a light passenger train that runs a commuter route through Ottawa. According to the (URL) website> it is a Bombardier Talent BR643 DMU. I'm sure someone (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.announce.moc, lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, FTX) !!

  Re: Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

(...) Oddly enough when I noticed it my excitement turned into disappointment. From what I could tell on the box art in the store, I thought it was actually an axle hole, and I had a mini-celebration for a minute there. Then when I got home and (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Redesigned mini train wheel (!)

(...) I hadn't noticed that, but COOL. That's a very nice set to begin with and this is the icing on top. Hmm, now you've given me an idea about a coal mine for a medieval layout. Thanks LEGO! Jason Spears | (URL) BrickCentral> | (URL) MichLUG> | (...) (20 years ago, 16-Mar-05, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact