 Trains / 24167
Re: Junction, Petticoat Junction!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.town, lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 14:26:09 GMT

In lugnet.town, Larry Pieniazek wrote:
   In lugnet.town, James Trobaugh wrote:
   In lugnet.town, Brian Darrow wrote:
   Billie Jo, Bobby Jo and Betty Jo just as I remember them, freshening up in an open water tower: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?i=1078955

The legs on the water tower are in my view a bit thick, I would try to use 1x1 rounds with tubing up the middle, or even 1x1 squares. But it’s a great scene. Thanks for sharing, Brian! Spotlighted.

   Excellent, I reconized it right away. I remember watching that show as a kid and thinking that scene was “so hot”...well it was hot enough for a 10 year old(1) before cable.

Ya me too. I always liked the opening sequence, especially when they fling their petticoats over the top of the tower edge...

Oh yeah, that’s the stuff :)

   1) dang did I just age myself there?

Prolly. For a while I wanted to be Uncle Joe when I grew up... he never actually DID anything.

You know that Green Acres and Petticoat Junction are related, right? They are both set in or near Hooterville and featured some of the same characters. I think GA was the spin off. It took a much more bizarre turn though...

Of course, the train ran between Hooterville and Pixley. Don’t forget that Benji the dog got his start on PJ as well.