 Trains / 24075
  New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Hi All, I have been busily building a little branch line called the Turtle Creek Branch Line. I have been building mostly the structures but finally couldn't stand it any more and built one of the trains on the layout! I am documenting the process (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX) !!

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Great project Steve! I can't wait to see the finished mine and landscapes. jt (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Funny you mention mine! I have had my eye on the one you did years ago. I might just steal it! :) Trains.com article: (URL) pic: (URL) SteveB (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Lookin' good, Steve. As loathe as I am to highlight your work, we've gotta get something else on the front page, so... highlighted. ;) Anyway, I'm impressed with the layout thus far, and can't wait to see what you do to span the canyon. This (...) (19 years ago, 21-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

Have to say the caboose looks really good, I'd almost go so far as to say its the definative model. However I realise that cabooses vary! It seems like you have distilled all the good elements of previous caboose MOCs into one. Interested to see (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Steve, The way you used the old-style minifig torso for the hood of the red flatbed pickup as shown here: (URL) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Super duper. I think that is a great caboose. You did a great job all around, and I like the way you installed the front and rear facing airplane windows backwards. Simple, subtle, and effective, cudos. Chris (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

This is a really awesome idea! Someone else said it, and I agree, it would be awesome to see this in MR. I'll bet they never expected their design to inspire someone to this end. The truck hood is a neat idea and the stairs on the caboose are nicely (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Hey Steve, nicely done. Traditional, detailed, clean design, and RED!!! Spotlighted! Looking forward to following the developments in TCBL. Janey "Red Brick" (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

THANKS EVERYONE! Not only for the compliments but for the courteous exchange! I have to admit that it feels good too! :) It was just one of those MOCs that just came together. I guess I have been so obsessed with building in rare colors that I (...) (19 years ago, 22-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) That might be a while! :) I hope you don't wait. As others have said, the idea of trying to do a Turtle Creek just rocks. It would be so cool if you could bring it to Cincy! As for the caboose itself, while I think it's a bit short, I like it (...) (19 years ago, 23-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: New Train Moc - Simple Red Caboose

(...) Gee, is Steve the guy I stole the hand rail thing from? Thanks for the idea Steve.* Chris (19 years ago, 24-Jan-05, to lugnet.trains)