 Trains / 23999
Re: So thats where Lego got the idea from
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2005 05:42:57 GMT

SNIPPY
   Sorry swami, you missed the joke. :) (1) The idea he’s referring to isn’t the crocodile, read the second sentence of the referenced caption again. (then consider this site: http://www.fgltc.org/bwoabs/trains/blueera/blueera.phtml as it gives another clue...)

But I do agree the Croc exists in many forms and is well loved.

Hope that helps!

1 - no harm done, I thought he was talking about the croc the first couple of passes too... it took some careful re-reading to see what was up.

Dammit! I knew I’d missed something :-) Just as it was staring at me in the face...... I’ve also wondered why lego would make track of that colour. This one ought to go in the FAQ under ‘why is 4.5 volt track blue?’ It also makes me wonder wether the pic is just an isolated case or whether ALL the track there is blue... Maybe I’dve noticed it quicker if the croc wasn’t there to throw me off track.

On a side note, the crocodiles have to be my favourite electrics; a lot of people complain about how boring electrics are, but the Crocodile (and other early electrics in general) are different. In some cases I find them as interesting as steamers. My first encounter with a crocodile was this beast: http://www.irfca.org/photos/nrm/wcg1 Those were fun times.....

Back to lurking,

Legoswami Samarth

Okay I think I’d better clarify the nickname thing: I know that some people don’t like these ‘authority’ type nicknames like Lego-pope, lord of the lego etc, but my nickname actually *is* swami, with reference to: http://www.swamisamarth.com/ combined with my hobby, it became ‘legoswami’ I was just lucky to be named after him ;-)