 Trains / 23737
    RCX and the 9v system - help needed! —Chris Paton
   Hi everyone I am now the proud owner of my first 9v train (4511) and finally I can begin to experiment a little with various adaptations. But I would appreciate a little advice on the following: I can hook up both an RCX and Discovery Scout to the (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed! —Larry Pieniazek
   (...) You can hook an RCX 1.0 brick to a 9V adapter like the one that comes with the train speed regulator. I do not know of an all LEGO way to hook up the RCX 1.5 and above or the Scout to mains power. I know people have done it by makeing false (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed! —Chris Paton
   (...) Thanks Larry. I have tried the 9v adapter. Regarding tampering with the RCX etc I would definitely be out of my depth and wouldn't want to risk damaging them. (...) Thanks again. You understood me correctly and "we" have posted in the same (...) (20 years ago, 27-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed! —William R. Ward
   Another option is to have the RCX control a Mindstorms polarity switch which can break the connection between the controller and the track. However this doesn't give the RCX the ability to control the speed of the train. (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics)

        Re: RCX and the 9v system - help needed! —Chris Paton
   (...) Hi William I found out when I ran the train using the Discovery Scout that it just hurtled around the track, then backwards and forwards if I used the pre-programmed commands. I have not experimented too much with the RCX, but thanks for the (...) (20 years ago, 30-Nov-04, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics, FTX)