 Trains / 23518
Re: Difference between front image and instructions in set 133
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 29 Sep 2004 11:34:55 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Patrick S. O'Donnell wrote:
In lugnet.trains, Niels Karsdorp wrote:
Comparing a render of the set 133 locomotive with my actual copy, I noticed a
difference: a black 1x2 brick between the wheels on each side. Thinking that
either my actual train or the ldraw file is wrong I checked the instructions
again. And I noticed that the image on the front of the instructions does not
show that 1x2 brick, while the instructions itself do.
I know that there are more differences when comparing the instructions with the
front image of several sets. I just wanted to let know that this is also the
case for set 133.

Instructions on brickshelf:
http://library.brickshelf.com/scans/0000/0133/

My render of the train (with a special cargo):
http://home.hetnet.nl/~niels-karsdorp/ldraw/temp/freighttrain133rocket.jpg

Niels

Perhaps the 1X2 brick fell off between assembly and the photography session
beings it appears it's held on by just two studs from the under side of the
plate.

-Patrick

I think it is more a design change between the cover photo shoot and the
creation of the instructions. Most other examples (e.g. 721 and 8860) have used
new parts in the instructions and the set itself which were probably not yet
available during the cover photo shoot. In this case (133) the difference is
just two regular bricks.

Niels