 Trains / 23111
Re: VR S Class Diesel / T.G.B.S.L.I.L.A. entry
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 22 Jun 2004 20:40:56 GMT

Teunis Davey wrote:
Hello All !

Here is my latest train MOC !

It's a Victoria Railways S Class Diesel-Electric Locomotive !

http://brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=83934

And my Aussie themed entry to The Great Breath Some Life into
Loc.au.competition!

Also, A Big Thanks to Dirk/Rollingbricks,for sharing his 8 wide Santa
Fe Super Cheif Pictures !

Brief History !

The S Class steamtrain was built in 1928 and was streamlined in 1936.It made
it's first Streamlined run, Named The Spirit of Progress ,on the 17/11/1937.In
1953,the B Class Diesel-electric locomotives were introduced.Sadly in 1954 the
last of the four S Class Steamlined Steamtrain were cut up for scrap.With the
great success of the of the B Class Diesel-electric locomotives, the S Class
Diesel-electric locomotive were introduced. The B Class is double ended S Class
.

To Richie, could you please put a link to this Brickshelf file, for my
S class Steamtrain.

Many Thanks  , Teunis   M>ltc

Teunis,

   They look great, and Mattias is right. The details on that you
provide about the construction are great. There are too many details to
comment on, but I thought your solution for the windshield for the
diesel was an oddly interesting one. Also, I always love seeing
6-wheeled powered trucks... and they said it couldn't be done ;)

Sincerely,
Chris