 Trains / 23095
Re: Where can I get train-wheels? ...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Sun, 20 Jun 2004 16:12:22 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Michael Lachmann wrote:
   Hi,

I saw some realy nice wheels for a steam engine on http://f24.parsimony.net/forum61776/messages/80494.htm

they are made out of plastic and brass.

I wonder where they have been used from Lego, and if they are available somewhere. I would be happy to have some bigger wheels for such mocs, even if they are plastic only.

Michael

I beleive these are part 35 wheels with custom turned rims. The German AFOLS seem to use these quite a lot, it might be worth asking on 1000steine Alternativly, as mentioned in John’s reply, there are the BBB wheels, which have the advantage of an axle hole in the middle to transmit power and a pin hole to allow coupling rods to be connected. If memory serves me right, I beleive there was mention of a electical pickup version, possibly in the very distant future (but don’t quote me on that!)

Tim