 Trains / 23053 (-10)
  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) Todd, mein lieblingswort ist... Kämpfer Warum? ... a) It's neat-o to say and means FIGHTAH! b) It's used to name a (URL). :-) c) Tons of online players use it in games such as Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty. IMO though, the whole German (...) (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, FTX)

  Re: lime green

(...) I knew there was a completed one around but I was at work and didn't have time to look it up, sorry Chris! Tim (20 years ago, 13-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

My favorite German word is "klapperschlange". No, its has nothing to do with an STD. I was watching a German video tape of Escape From New York, and the title was changed to Der Klapperschlange, which means The Rattlesnake. -Keith (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land)

  Re: lime green

(...) Like this 6-wide attempt ? (URL) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) My favorite words when I took German in high school were, strangely enough, Kartoffel, which means potato, and zufrieden, which means content. I think Zufrieden would make a fine name for a pleasure ship, don't you think? Adrian (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) Welcome back Gary! (Willkommen zurück? Willkom wieder?) (20 years ago, 12-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) My favorite German word is "SCHADENFREUDE", which translates to "showing happiness over other peoples misfortunes". A good example of schadenfreude is the feeling you get when you find out that greedy corporate executives go to jail for their (...) (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) When living there for a few years, "Biergarten", especially when used in a one word sentence ending in a questionmark was always music to my ears. (I was in my dark ages then). "Spielzeugausverkauf" would now be a close second. Paul (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) hehe Good point, Tim! My other favorite German word: Ausgezeichnet! (It can only be fully appreciated heard out loud as spoken by a German, though) JOHN (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, FTX)

  Re: What's Your Favorite German Word?!

(...) Mine was always Augenblick because it was easy to figure out what it meant in high school German class. :-) Maggie C (20 years ago, 11-Jun-04, to lugnet.general, lugnet.trains, lugnet.build.schleim, lugnet.events.1000steine-land, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact