 Trains / 22903 (-5)
  COLTC to display at Dennison, Ohio's TrainFest from July 30 - August 1, 2004

COLTC will have a 30 x 30 foot layout at the Dennison, Ohio Train Festival from July 30 - August 1, 2004. We are still working out the details of the layout, but we have been asked by the TranFest event co-ordinator to bring along Paul Janssen's 4+ (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.us.oh) !!

  Re: Shay Chassis (Uni Joint Mods for Trains)

(...) Sorry no digital camera, but I'm thinking of devoting a brickshelf folder to mods eventually. I'll take film pictures when it all works and get the CD too. I had it working at a pulley ratio of 1:4 last night - about realistic Shay speed at 9V (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.technic, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Sadly, a double reverse curve will move the track centre 6.0896 studs over, and be 30.6146 studs long - not quite the solution you're looking for :-) (I've spent ages calculating track geometry and I'm not the only one!) Practically, you'd (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) I haven't tested this to see if it will actually work, but shortly after I made the proposal to you, I thought of a compromise. Ok, if you take a curve piece and then put another curve piece opposing so that both sides outside of the curve (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Moonbase: Nailing down Moonway and Rail Standard

(...) Yep. A train consisting of undecorated boxes of 6x12 studs max would be a most exciting design, wouldn't it? (...) Well, taking the basic track parameters into account, there will propably be only one solution: It's either train track or race (...) (20 years ago, 10-May-04, to lugnet.space, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact