 Trains / 22541
22540  |  22542
Subject:
Windscreens and Windows in some new Train ideas
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 10 Mar 2004 22:33:47 GMT
Highlighted:
! (details)

None of these passenger train designs are fully worked out in final form, but I just wanted to get some initial designs concepts out.

London Underground Tube Train:

Inspired by seeing a picture from LEGOLAND Windsor of Miniland London Underground, I thought the angled glass panel pieces from both the Star Wars Twin Pod Car and the Metroliner Club Car might work OK for The Tube. There are some instructions under the v3 folder. They’re not organized too well, but I think they get the design concept across adequately. These Tube cars are perhaps a little fragile at the cab and diaphram ends of each car. This concept isn’t fully worked out, but I tried for a “modular” pod-like design approach for building up the cab, diaphram, doors, and windows sections: build the main foundation, build the “pods”, and then add the pods to the foundation to create a cab-car or a in-car. Haven’t tried a real-build, so I don’t know if this approach is viable or not....

Omega Concept Train:

Inspired by the windscreen canopy/cockpit from Jango Fett’s Slave 1 ship, I worked up a couple of preliminary designs using this windscreen as the focus for the concept Omega passenger train. Pretty bland otherwise. The huge glass looks a bit overwhelming (and unrealistic)...it’s just an idea...

Theta Concept Train:

Not too fond of this one, the concept Theta train. Maybe turn it into a light rail type train with some rework to the passenger windows and doors sections... Back to Paradisa(TM) with this curved window panel used as a front windscreen; which hides a light brick behind it.

Well, just some preliminary design studies...take them further and make them your own...or trash ‘em if you like.

Thanks for checking them out.

later,

James Mathis