 Trains / 22197
  tarnished track

Hello, I just got a new train set and I was playing with it last night. I put in a couple of old straight rail pieces that are probably 5 yrs old with the new rail pieces. I had noticed that the old track feels rough to the touch like there is a (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: tarnished track

(...) This has been discussed before but I would say that there is no firm conclusion yet. While I am a proponent of cleaning LEGO elements if they get to the point of being visibly dirty or sticky, I'm in the "don't clean rails unless you really (...) (20 years ago, 29-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: tarnished track

(...) I am afraid I have to reply to myself. Last night I noticed that I was incorrect in my assumption that my train engine was running slower over the older track. I had put the rails at the end of a curve and the engine actually slows down a bit (...) (20 years ago, 30-Jan-04, to lugnet.trains)