 Trains / 21873 (-5)
  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Hi James, You are right there is no absolute need to use a modified switch point with your drive mechanism. The story is that I tested it with a new switch point and an old 71427 motor quite used. The system went to some problem of torque (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Hello Manfred, I was finally able to get a micromotor to test this solution. Thank you for the pointer. It is quite difficult to find micromotors around here (in France). And it seems impossible to buy from Pistco/Dacta for French import, at (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Hi Ed, I went on testing your proposal. It works so fine, I planned to introduce Amaury Jacquot's modification of Chris Alano's mechanism you use to reduce a little bit the footprint (expecially the width) of the power unit. You will see that (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Motorizing 9V switch points (translation from french)

(...) Hi Mark, It is cute :-) and thank you for your encouraging comment. Cheers, Philippe. (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Rare parts: Small switch yard engine

Sorry for bringing up an old topic again, (...) The rare trainbase seems to be the prototype for the trainbase, which is listed as x902c01 on peeron. Recently I received two of these parts and I have just finished an LDraw part, posted in message (...) (21 years ago, 13-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact