 Trains / 21757
  Re: Bogie design (coupler)

Instead of a bogie plate you can always use a Tile, Modified 2 x 2 with Pin [LDrawPart 2460:0] This gives you more flexibility with how you attache beams etc. you alos don't have to have the pivot poit in the centre of the bogie. Tim (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Bogie design (coupler)

(...) Yep. I actually use this in MTW-1003 because I want the wobble this gives you (it's a bit taller of a pin than a normal bogie plate's pin which fits into two plates worth of space, this is a full brick thick or 2.5 plates) but the flexibility (...) (21 years ago, 1-Dec-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)