 Trains / 21734
Re: 7 wide locomotive - Feedback would be appreciated
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 28 Nov 2003 22:26:02 GMT

In lugnet.trains, Mike Kollross wrote:
   As a challenge I rebuilt one of my 6 wide MOCs in 7 wide. It was a lot of fun to build and the 7 wide geometry lead to some interesting challenges. Centering the trucks and weight bricks were fairly easy as long as your supply of jumper plates doesn’t run out anyone have extra in blue :0) . The vents in the rear are made using 2x4 modified plate with grills and some grill tile. I haven’t seen that done before. The triple sloped piece on the nose is a new piece for me to use and I think it works quite well.

The MOC is here:

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/2191?r=1669829211

PLMKWYT Mike

Another 7 wide convert! (its working Ben!) Some really nice details on this model, the grill using is an original use for a fairly useless part and looks good. I think the triple sloped piece on the nose also works well as you say and I wouldn’t worry about the colour.
I was interested that the bogies (trucks) aren’t the same, but then the loco isn’t symmetrical. It captures the massiveness that even a fairly small US loco possesses better than your six wide version, I do like the hazard striped plow on that tho.

Tim