 Trains / 21645
  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) I have been working on a different project toward the same end-- improved train layout automation, and I have had similar questions as to whether it is worth the effort for the small number of people who might actually benefit from it. Since (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: snip (...) snip (...) I know that I was one of those 30, Chris--sorry about not getting back to you. I d/led it but never actually used it yet :( So busy just getting a layout up and running--making buildings, (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, Chris Phillips wrote: snip (...) I'm just going thru my mind (which is always a bad idea), and this would be, as stated, very easy-- My DCC chip has motor out, and 2 light wires out. Connect 'em to a electric plate and we're good (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) Cool. I think that this is the key to getting DCC into wider use. After all, there are only so many trains that will fit onto a layout unless it is truly massive. But there are a lot of potentially motorized items on a layout that could be (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

(...) Yes, sounds like fun! And, that DZ123 I recently posted about would be ideal for the job. I think I'll have to order one or two more to test this out. One change to LDCC that would help facilitate this would be the ability to configure LDCC to (...) (21 years ago, 21-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

In lugnet.trains, David Koudys wrote: <snip> (...) <snip> This weekend was exceptionally busy, but I had time to play with the layout. Took my laptop downstairs, set it up with the IR tower, and loaded up Full Throttle. Wow! Pretty nifty piece of (...) (21 years ago, 24-Nov-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)

  Re: Trains, DCC, and pbForth

I realize this thread is kinda old but ...does anyone know if Chris Phillips ever made his TrainLab software available? I have tried a few times to contact Chris without any success. I have been looking into automating my train layouts and would (...) (16 years ago, 11-Apr-08, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.robotics.rcx.pbforth, FTX)