 Trains / 21413 (-20)
  Re: new High Speed Train?

(...) That picture is one of the pre release box pictures, it was seen in some of the early retailer catalogs but then changed to green before it was actually release to the public. jt (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  new High Speed Train?

Hi, Take a look at this train that is being sold by a brazilian web site: (URL) It looks like the 4511 High Speed Train, but the color of the stripe is red instead of green, the windscreen is transparent light blue instead of transparent dark gray (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) How many of those are high speed passenger locos though? In terms of population density, low speed freight locos were much more predominant and they had smaller drivers. (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Well the only 3 reasons I can think are: 1. Mounts on a Technic axle 2. has hole to attach connecting rod 3. has optional counterweight None of which I think the 7750 wheel has 8?) ROSCO (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Given 5 bricks=6 ft (a minifig), then 5 bricks is if anything, midrange. engines I have data on here- 8P (DoG) was 74", a UP FEF was 80", J is 70", German 05 is 90", NYC J3A 79", GWR Castle 80", German P8 69" So, a 5 stud diameter looks about (...) (21 years ago, 30-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

"Jaco van der Molen" <jmolen@zonnet.nl> wrote in message news:HnJ9y1.168C@lugnet.com... (...) Wow, so many of those sets look so... not juniorized! That (URL) helicopter> actually looks like a helicopter! And the new sets in the racer's series! (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: ParLUGment at Railfair 26, Ottawa, Canada

I would also like to give credit for the following building I built for the show: (URL) is Reinhard Ben Beneke's design as can be seen here: (URL) built a fairly close copy using the ldraw file he had posted. I must say it is an amazing model. (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) Are you guys collecting sales tax? Ed LUCNY (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) I'm coming to the same conclusion, I was originally envisaging a bit larger. But the large size of the flanges makes the dimensions you have to take into account for footplate height much larger than on a 'scale' model. The size ben has chosen (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) From your own picture, eyeballing the measurement by holding pencils up to the wheel and the ties below it and so forth, I get that the hub diameter is just a smidgeon below 4 studs across, while Jason of the green engine wants 3, which (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Jason! He said "no" for any drivers in general. :-( (...) Have a look at this: (URL) On the left hand is a wheel from 396 etc. And I never saw a broken one. My spokes are twice as thick as these old one have been. (...) Have not measured it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

If you want to see sets, go here: (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ben - I may have missed something. What did Brad say 'no' to? Moulding this specific part, or big drivers in general? I really like the look of this part, and everyone knows we all want drivers, but I think the spokes seem a bit thin and may (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

(...) You could strategically place roof details like chimneys, air vents and the like to cover the holes and cutouts for a flat roof. The other good thing about the train plates is that you could remove the whole floor section easily. The downside (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

I suspect that you have to do the same explaining when someone comments on the gorgeous monorails that many clubs use in their layouts... "Oh that? It is a bunch of monorail set and parts from the lat 80's - but Lego no longer produces them..." (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

Ben, Great work here - this is simply gorgeous. -- Bryan "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message news:HnHCu2.1BBt@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) This is something i have spent hours working out (in my mind) as I walk the dog every night! My conclusions end up lookin pretty much the same as yours (...) Yes (...) yes (...) How did you reach this? (...) yes (...) do you mean the gap (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) J1 and all, I've just uploaded another 25 pictures I took the weekend of October 25 & 26 at the GMLTC's first place finish at GATS. (URL) J1's post-show wrapup (URL) and 'read me' pretty much sums up everything. Enjoy! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) I want houses/apt./hotels, stores & schools for town: ARCHITECTURE! Jeff (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  sets in 2004? Wish List

So I've been eagerly anticipating the 2004 releases and I have no idea what to expect. How far has lego come with their anit-juniorization? What will become of Town? And what new or returning theme do you wan to see? Yikes I'm dying to see some (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact