 Trains / 21403 (-20)
  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Hi Jason! He said "no" for any drivers in general. :-( (...) Have a look at this: (URL) On the left hand is a wheel from 396 etc. And I never saw a broken one. My spokes are twice as thick as these old one have been. (...) Have not measured it (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

If you want to see sets, go here: (URL) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains) !

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Ben - I may have missed something. What did Brad say 'no' to? Moulding this specific part, or big drivers in general? I really like the look of this part, and everyone knows we all want drivers, but I think the spokes seem a bit thin and may (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Twin Wizards Abode (CCC Halloween Theme)

(...) You could strategically place roof details like chimneys, air vents and the like to cover the holes and cutouts for a flat roof. The other good thing about the train plates is that you could remove the whole floor section easily. The downside (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.castle, lugnet.trains, lugnet.town, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

I suspect that you have to do the same explaining when someone comments on the gorgeous monorails that many clubs use in their layouts... "Oh that? It is a bunch of monorail set and parts from the lat 80's - but Lego no longer produces them..." (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

Ben, Great work here - this is simply gorgeous. -- Bryan "Reinhard "Ben" Beneke" <ben@1000steine.SPAM-block.com> wrote in message news:HnHCu2.1BBt@lugnet.com... (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) This is something i have spent hours working out (in my mind) as I walk the dog every night! My conclusions end up lookin pretty much the same as yours (...) Yes (...) yes (...) How did you reach this? (...) yes (...) do you mean the gap (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) J1 and all, I've just uploaded another 25 pictures I took the weekend of October 25 & 26 at the GMLTC's first place finish at GATS. (URL) J1's post-show wrapup (URL) and 'read me' pretty much sums up everything. Enjoy! (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.town, lugnet.loc.us.mn.msp, FTX)

  Re: sets in 2004? Wish List

(...) I want houses/apt./hotels, stores & schools for town: ARCHITECTURE! Jeff (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  sets in 2004? Wish List

So I've been eagerly anticipating the 2004 releases and I have no idea what to expect. How far has lego come with their anit-juniorization? What will become of Town? And what new or returning theme do you wan to see? Yikes I'm dying to see some (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.town, lugnet.castle, lugnet.general, lugnet.pirates, lugnet.space, lugnet.starwars, lugnet.town, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) -some more comments- Not all loco's got it right- the AAR formula used for a period of time to devise counterweight weight was out to lunch- IIRC, the Florida East Coast suffered this badly with some 4-8-4's. Counterweighting and ballancing (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004

Call for Train Related Presentations at BrickFest™ PDX 2004 If you've ever been to a Brickfest, you know it is loads of fun. A big part of the fun is the opportunity to learn from each other... and BrickFest PDX will be no different, learning (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org, FTX) !

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) jt, I can answer that... We sold about 6 boxes of straight track and a couple small My Own Train sets this past weekend. I don't recall if we've ever sold a set bigger than a Sante Fe locomotive. There are plenty of visitors at our shows happy (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Pictures from GATS last weekend

(...) John, Looks nice. I see at the end of the layout a lot of LEGO sets, are you guys selling sets at the shows? If so, are you having any success at it? jt (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Pictures from GATS last weekend

By popular request, I've uploaded a few pictures I took last weekend. (URL) preview here>, or you can wait until the folder is moderated. Folder here: (URL) GATS folder>... I've also included a (URL) with some more info for each of the images in the (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Developments in the garage door / train car line

Some of you may remember the discussion between James Mathis and I a few months ago over how to fit garage doors into the side of 6-wide train cars. I've now refined the design in line with the last lot of improvements I suggested, and built a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

Hi Ben, many thanks for sharing this "new part". Your design is well thought-throw and it would be "THE" addition to train parts. Hopefully there will be someone somewhere reading your article who is able to bring this piece into reality? 1000grüße (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Counterweights were used on real steam engines to compensate the weight of the connection to the rod, so that the wheel would be in balance again. Without, or with incorrect counterweight, at higher speeds there would be a significant (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Great offer in TRU Den Haag (NL)

Spotted today in TRU Megastores Den Haag: 4565 Freight & Crane Railway + 4548 Electric Train Speed Regulator EUR 99,- Duq (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) All right, I'm willing to risk some ridicule for not knowing this. What is the purpose of the counterweight? Is it to balance the load of the drive rod, so that the wheel never has to "lift" and weight, per se? What is the "weight" like? A (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact