 Trains / 21388 (-5)
  Developments in the garage door / train car line

Some of you may remember the discussion between James Mathis and I a few months ago over how to fit garage doors into the side of 6-wide train cars. I've now refined the design in line with the last lot of improvements I suggested, and built a (...) (21 years ago, 29-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

Hi Ben, many thanks for sharing this "new part". Your design is well thought-throw and it would be "THE" addition to train parts. Hopefully there will be someone somewhere reading your article who is able to bring this piece into reality? 1000grüße (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) Counterweights were used on real steam engines to compensate the weight of the connection to the rod, so that the wheel would be in balance again. Without, or with incorrect counterweight, at higher speeds there would be a significant (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

  Great offer in TRU Den Haag (NL)

Spotted today in TRU Megastores Den Haag: 4565 Freight & Crane Railway + 4548 Electric Train Speed Regulator EUR 99,- Duq (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Draft of a new driver wheel

(...) All right, I'm willing to risk some ridicule for not knowing this. What is the purpose of the counterweight? Is it to balance the load of the drive rod, so that the wheel never has to "lift" and weight, per se? What is the "weight" like? A (...) (21 years ago, 28-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact