 Trains / 21298
21297  |  21299
Subject:
Drive in Theater and wireless Camera in Monorail/Train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.town
Date:
Mon, 20 Oct 2003 21:32:44 GMT

For the last 3 shows, my Drive-in Theater wa part of the layout:

after moderation: http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=60505

depp link Theater:
http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/Wireless/dsc03831.jpg

It is a shell for a laptop computer (Mac, G4, 17 inch screen). At the first two
shows, we ran a powerpoint presentation of MOCs' from ourselves, but also from
other clubs and individuals (your MOC may have been there too!). It was a slide
show of about 25 mocs, with a 30 second movie taken at GATS earlier this year
(MichLug). The last show (GATS, Dayton), we hooked it up to a wireless camera
mounted in a monorail:

Front: http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/Wireless/dsc00753.jpg
Back : http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/Wireless/dsc00755.jpg

It runs of a 9 V battery, which was easily replacable. It turned out this was
not needed, it hardly uses energy, and lasted the whole weekend. It was tons of
fun. We also let it loose on the train loop, we simply put the entire monorail
car on a plate, but lack of better/time. We only have 1 fuzzy pic:

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/brickbuy/Wireless/dsc00705.jpg

but you get the idea. Next show I will have a caboose that can hold the monorail
car, so we can quickly change them without having to build the camera in and
out.

Paul