 Trains / 21184
  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Of course they do. People can do and feel anything they want. Is that what you tell your wife when she is annoyed with you -- that she doesn't have the right to feel as she does? I understand that your claim is that insult was not intended, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Flaming Smokestacks, Batman! (was Re: Introducing JetRed)

(...) Hop-Frog, I moved it, because I didn't think of that, and because it wasn't really about trains. But you're right about appropriate behavior being discussed in the given newsgroup - the reason for my original reply. Thank you for your (...) (21 years ago, 4-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Moving without context

(...) So why move it? I did not realise it had been moved till after I responded to the post, had I seen that Tony was trying to move it I would have set it back. I think it was totally inappropriate to move it, actually, and especially in what is a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Yeah, I agree. People are a little too quick to move things over into off-topic without really having a reason for doing so. Anyway, I apologize for thinking it was you, Lar. I didn't follow the thread closely enough to see that it was (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

Why did this thread get cross posted to .space? The original post was in Trains and CAD. -Grand Admiral (URL) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) In lugnet.trains, Larry Pieniazek wrote: (...) OK, everyone. This wasn't my intent. I didn't want anyone to look bad. I didn't want to push anyone's arguments into another thread to make them seem unimportant. I didn't realize that moving this (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Because Lar mentioned the space newsgroup in a possibly disparaging manner and I didn't want to comment on it without also x-posting it to the right newgroup. It seemed the fair thing to do. Otherwise it would have felt like talking about a (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  LET IT DIE

OK, I already stated that I wish I never posted in the first place, and I regret my rant ten-fold now. The train models are not my best work by far. Thus, I'm not really sure why I bothered to mention work I didn't put my best effort into. I think I (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

  Re: Moving without context

(...) Were we reading the same post? I didn't see that in Larry's response at all. We've had "fantasy trains" in .trains before and they were well received. It is very easy to get the wrong impression from one line of text. (...) Yes, and that goes (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  this belongs in ".trains" (was "Moving without context")

(Setting "follow-up"...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.space, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  this belongs in ".trains" (was "LET IT DIE")

(Setting "follow-up"...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.cad, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Can't (was Re: LET IT DIE)

(...) See? That's precisely the wrong attitude to take. Speaking for myself, I would very much like to see your future creations and CAD renders. I looked at all the renders in the current thread and enjoyed them very much -- I also happen to be (...) (21 years ago, 5-Oct-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)