 Trains / 2117
2116  |  2118
Subject:
hills and grades
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.build
Date:
Fri, 10 Sep 1999 21:21:32 GMT

Frank Filz and Brian Darrow posted messages about building trains powerful
enough to handles grades, but I'm wondering how you would actually lay track to
start up a hill.

Has lego ever made uphill or downhill curves, like you would find at the crest
of a mountain or in a dip? I've thought about using half-arch pieces, but that
woudl be tricky as far as maintaining control of a coaster in free fall...

I'm not trying to compete in the trains arena directly, but I'll need a way to
do this for my coaster layout, and this seems to be the best place to ask.

Thanks for any and all advice and pointers!

Paul Sinasohn