 Trains / 21005
    Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors? —Mark Bellis
   (...) Being British I'm not too familiar with American trains (yet), Though I know about the multiple engines in real life. I would intend to triple head trains in a similar way when I have made enough American engines! The motor duty limitation is (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Smooth power or PWM for Lego train motors? —Jan-Albert van Ree
   (...) You could also simply swap the LM317 for a heavier type (LM317K for instance), which could give you around 1000mA uncooled without much issues. Together with Klaas Meijaard we cut up an old home computer power supply, giving 2*11VAC at 22 VA, (...) (21 years ago, 4-Sep-03, to lugnet.trains)