 Trains / 20933
  Re: DCC slowing?

(not really replying to my own post, but adding the 2 cents of Robert Miles and my reply to him...) (...) This does explain exactly why the long, heavy trains had such trouble on the curves, and why the banked curve in particular would be (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

(...) During the DCC conversion described by Tom Cook, there is some kind of semiconductor that gets removed from the train motor. I wonder if this component is somehow responsible for preventing excessive current in the motor windings? Judging from (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC slowing?

<SNIP> (...) Hi Chris and all others, If you open a Lego train motor, you'll find there 3 electrical components in it. First, and largest part, is the motor itself, second is a 'black cilindrical' piece witch is placed in parallel with the motor (...) (21 years ago, 23-Aug-03, to lugnet.trains)