 Trains / 20318
Re: DCC reversing loops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 08:39:47 GMT

Dean, I am sure that is a very good system you have worked out there but for my
part the need to do it all in Pure Lego somehow seemed less important once I had
steeled myself to cut open those motors and install the decoders!

Besides, I don't have even one RCX to employ on this task but I do have a
hacksaw. (Yes shock, horror I know, but I can always buy more track to make me
feel better)

In DCC operation there is no need to switch track 'polarities', it is only
necessary to avoid short circuits which would happen in a simple loop.  The
short isolated track prevents the motor causing a short circuit and for DCC that
is all one needs.

I know what you mean about isolated and modified pieces getting lost in the
network so I have painted a small dab of white paint on each track piece I
modify.

Regards,  John Hill, New Zealand