 Trains / 20243 (-10)
  Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, Mark Riley wrote: <snip> (...) Well, after a few hours of "extensive tests"... I have come to the following conclusion-- This is the greatest thing since LEGO came out with 9v trains and the RCX. Forget the track cleaner (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

Hi Dryden, DCC sends information to the decoders by flipping the polarity of the power supply in a specific timing sequence. So, it's not like the X-10 protocol. To get more power to run more locomotives, you need something called a DCC booster. The (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Woo Hoo!!!!! (part deux...)

Thanks for the nice comments, Dave. (...) track? (...) Yes, the humming is "normal" - my sample base being two RCXs. :-) Sorta reminds me of that buzzing you hear around high voltage power lines. (...) being (...) track--I (...) Can a (...) control (...) (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek! (lower price, perhaps?)

(...) Awww....crap. LEGO, if you are listening, please lower the price! I'm not quite so enthusiastic about this set anymore... :-( Admiral Wells T-SEC / THDC Division (21 years ago, 31-May-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.dear-lego, FTX)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) Got the programming part--all motors on differnt Loco #'s--figured it out. I wouldn't mind building that Ack circuit though, so any advice on using hte LEGO diodes would be helpful. I'm having a great time--and by the way, as mentioned on the (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) Hey Mark, I posted earlier in a new thread praising the greatness of this, but I have a few additional questions that I thought I'd just ad to this thread-- I converted 3 LEGO motors with the micro-controller, and now have 3 diodes (at least, (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Real pics of the White Pass & Yukon Route

(...) Hey those are cute. Track speeders in 3 foot gauge are even cuter than normal. I'm thinking this one would make a neat model: (URL) would take a lot of green and brown bricks for the backdrop though! What a mountain! (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: DCC for the RCX

(...) hmm, color codes and being color blind dont really match well indeed... as far as electronic components go, I'm just a hobbyist. My day job is programming ;) Esger (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.robotics.rcx, lugnet.trains)

  Real pics of the White Pass & Yukon Route

Some pics of real trains in Skagway, AK. Another source is a Google image search on "White Pass & Yukon Route." (URL) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: 10028 Level Crossing Sneak Peek!

(...) I just opened my new 4512 Cargo Train and found a flyer with the Train Level Crossing. It is 325 pieces @ $49.99. Shucks, I was hoping somewhere around $30 also. I know what I'll be doing this evening:-) Bert Waters (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact