 Trains / 20185
    Re: DCC for the RCX —Chris Phillips
   (...) Huh??!? Your basic resistor can only handle 1/4 watt (0.25W), so your worst-case 2.8W is more than ten times the rated maximum current. Even dumping an "insignificant" 0.5W across a resistor is probably not adviseable unless you are also (...) (21 years ago, 29-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)

        Re: DCC for the RCX —James Powell
    (...) I don't know about you, but I tend towards .5W or bigger for most of my resistors, and diodes have exactly the same problem if you use them as a voltage drop. Load is not really signifigant on a 5A booster (soon to be 10 amps total...2 (...) (21 years ago, 30-May-03, to lugnet.trains, FTX)