 Trains / 19710
Re: LLBillund Train Piece Question
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 8 Apr 2003 20:29:36 GMT

Oh sure, those are macaroni plates; red, white, and black! Don't you have a
baggie full of those? ;)
SteveB

In lugnet.trains, James Mathis writes:
Please take a look at the stack on this LEGOLAND Billund steam locomotive.
I am wondering how the red and white circular stripes were constructed.

The stack appears to be 4 studs diameter.
The stud pattern on the circumference leads me to think "macaroni" bricks.
Yet, the apparent height of the stack is composed in layers of red, white,
and black do not appear to be 1 brick tall, respectively.

How is this achieved?
- Is there a 4 stud diamter curved plate?
- Are red/white official LEGO(R) element rubber bands stretched around the
stack?  Perhaps the resolution, clarity, and distance of the picture can not
resolve the thickness of the rubber bands?  For it seems to me that there is
no addition increase in the stack diameter at the levels of the red/white
stripes.
- Is it tape used to make the red/white stripes?

Thanks for looking.

later,
James Mathis