 Trains / 19545
Re: 4 Wheel rail hand car
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Wed, 19 Mar 2003 21:04:17 GMT

Hello John, hello everybody,

the wheels are guided on the track by adding 4 levers on the
underside of the hand car.  This works until someone convinces
Lego to make train wheels that fit technic axels!

Have you ever tried to just leave the tires off. I recall that I
did that back in the late 70s (before my dark age) when I ran out
of real train wheels. But then, this solution almost certainly is
less than ideal when it comes to navigating switches. It also may
not give you enough friction to still have the handle move ...

I have made a train motor into a work wagon to power the hand car
around the track.  One could also use a push rod to create the
illusion of the hand car moving in front of the train.

Ideally, the hand car would be powered by a technic micro motor.
But I have no idea
- how to fit it into the construction
- how to power it off the track

Greetings