 Trains / 19474
  Re: Chicago Elevated

I like the detail on the elevated train, including the traffic light hanging under the track. We had a working elevated train at one time, a simple Mindstorm system controlled it going back and forth. It was modeled after the local MARTA train line (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

(...) Sweet. Did it have any curves? Those protective ridges would presumably need to be widened a bit. (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.trains.org.niltc)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

No curves, that's kind of the joke of the MARTA system. I only has two lines, one East and West and another North and South. And they wonder why the system is so unused...it really needs to have stops at places people want to go for them to want to (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Chicago Elevated

Yeah, I've been saying for the longest time that MARTA needs to go from hub and spoke system to a series of loops... imagine MARTA's east line runing up to Stone Mountain, out to Snellville/Lawrenceville, to Duluth, then right along 85 to Doraville (...) (21 years ago, 6-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)