 Trains / 19426
  Just how big are steam drivers?

Just poking around and found this great page of the Spokane, Portland and Seattle 700 that in Portland ((URL) just how big the drivers are! I recall the night Ben Fleskes, ScotttM and I visited this round house. I couldn't believe how big these (...) (22 years ago, 28-Feb-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Just how big are steam drivers?

(...) Those drivers certainly are big by US standards, especially considering how many wheels there are. But it must be said that 19th century european locos, in some cases, had FAR bigger drivers. IIRC some on the broad gauge (7 foot gauge) UK (...) (22 years ago, 1-Mar-03, to lugnet.trains)