 Trains / 19041
  Nose doors?

Hey all, I've noticed a detail on EMD Fs, Alco FA/PAs, etc (called Cab units, right?), that never seems to get modeled. The door on the nose of the engine. I know K-Line recently made an E7 with a working door in O-gauge, which is actually where I (...) (21 years ago, 18-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Nose doors?

(...) Not opening. However, on my Via F unit, it has 2 1x4 tiles on the nose to simulate the door. Problems I can see are that they opened outwards, and are only ~1 stud wide or at most 2. (most had a 2 part door). Hinging would be a problem using (...) (21 years ago, 19-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)