 Trains / 18773 (-10)
  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

----- Original Message ----- From: "John Gerlach" <gmltc_j1@nospam.yahoo.com> (...) Member of PNLTC have been using it since I first joined in 1998. It's the natural response to "What gauge is it?" -Laura (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Unfortunately, the list of articles... Getting Started with LEGO Trains A simple train set will get you up and running with LEGO Trains! Planning a LEGO Train Exhibition Coordination brings all the pieces together for a LEGO setup of your own. (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  4-6-6-4 "Challenger" (in progress!)

Just wanted to toss out a link to my current GMLTC project. I'm working on a model of the famous Union Pacific #3985 'Challenger' 4-6-6-4 steam engine. It's huge (64 studs long for the locomotive itself), but it handles the curves on Lego track (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

Upon viewing the ad (thank you Larry P. for your post of the larger scan), nowhere is it mentioned that the motor is needed and not included with the purchase of the Super Chief. Perhaps it's included with the kit, but it's not mentioned that a (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

At last, just the shot in the arm that LEGO® needed...now I can put my foot in my mouth! Way to go LEGO®!!! -Harvey (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

A few months ago I recieved a call from LEGO asking me to help a copywriter put this add together, originally they were going to called it L-scale, but I told them L-gauge would appeal to the model railroader crowd a bit more...and that we (LTCs (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Great news, of course. It's nice to see LEGO is trying to spread out to the model railroad market, and show just how versatile LEGO trains can be. Also of interesting note, the link given on the page (URL) has links to the articles on (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jan-03, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) GMLTC was using it at the NMRA show in 1999 -- anyone else want to claim using it earlier? Hmmm... Since we've been using it for a few years, should we claim copyright on it? <grin> (...) I think we *all* agree with that!! John G, GMLTC (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

This is truely thrilling to see. However, the line about a "wide variety of accessories" gave me a chuckle. I would hope that this means additional accessories such as automated points, crossing gates, etc are coming down the pike... Regardless of (...) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Lego introduces L-gauge

(...) Sorry, forgot to include the URL (URL) leads you to (URL) (22 years ago, 31-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact