 Trains / 18608
  Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

Does anyone know (or bothered to measure) the distance between the rails of the Legoland California trains? Would anyone planning a trip to LLC in the near future be willing to hop the fence and measure? :-) If not, I will do so myself at BricksWest (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) John, if you email me a list of questions you would like answered, I will be happy to pass it on to the LL folks and hopefully can get some answers. Who knows maybe we can convince them to run some of your 16 wides during BW! :) Jake --- Jake (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) Will do. Thanks, Jake! (...) lol:-) -John (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) the (...) out? (...) Hi John, maybe it is the same in California, but in LL Guenzburg there are two gauges. Interestingly the narrow gauge track is a standard LGB-track. Same as used by Playmobil as well. (URL) that Gauge I? The 'normal' gauge (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) Cool! I did not know that, Ben! Yes, gauge 1 track is utilized by Playmobil (was?) and LGB. The correct scale for gauge 1 (assuming standard gauge of 4' 8 1/2") is 1:32. LGB's scale is 1:22.5, so anytime LGB produces a US prototype that runs (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) the (...) I'm guessing here, but something like 2.5" gauge. However, your plan will not work. The trains are of a fixed length, with drawbars and metal underframes. Somewhere around here I have a photo of one of them...and the boxcar had been (...) (22 years ago, 5-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Train Track Gauge at Legoland California?

(...) [snip] (...) Correct, the trains are no longer fully compatible. I suppose Playmo still uses the gauge I, but they do no longer use LGB track, but cheap full plastic parts. The trains are nowadays RC-controlled and battery driven. May have (...) (22 years ago, 6-Dec-02, to lugnet.trains)