 Trains / 18269
    Re: Dream rails —Jan-Albert van Ree
   (...) He didn't quote prices, but given how he was talking about the need to make huge quantities for them to earn something, and my own experience in making molds, I'd say at least 50,000 for the 2 curves, not including the assembly stuff to put (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Dream rails —Steve Barile
     ...than why not Atlas or some other model RR company produce "L" gauge track. Why not one of us? Why not hand spike "L" gauge track using model RR materials? Lots of out-of-the-box ideas here... The construction criteria for LEGO elements with the (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Dream rails —Jason J. Railton
      (...) Good idea - though are we a big enough market even for that? Either way, as Jason S says, they need to get Lego trains in model rail shops. Jason J Railton (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

         Re: Dream rails —Stefan Garcia
     (...) Interesting idea, but wouldn't that require them to have all the ABS particle-thingys? Though with only 1 color, it might still be workable. Atlas has already made two other scales of track and has been around for over 50 years (I think), so (...) (22 years ago, 8-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: Dream rails —James Powell
   In (...) I _think_ that it can be done for rather less than what Lego is quoting, but it would require some special conversion pieces. IIRC, in the mid 80's, GEM (a UK model railway co) and the TT society made a track base mold for TT for ~1000 UKP. (...) (22 years ago, 9-Nov-02, to lugnet.trains)