 Trains / 17878

Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains, lugnet.org.ca.nalug
Date:
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 02:49:45 GMT

Hi y'all eh??

Finally got my pics uploaded(just waiting for moderation - some...may not
make it).

Kudos to the one who spots 'the' custom minifig...=^)  And to think they trust
me with minifigs...mwaahh hah hah hah hah....

2002 GETS Preshow:

2002 GETS Movie(screwed this directory up):

2002 GETS Train Stuff(misc. other train 'inspirational material'...ie the other
train show stuff):

2002 GETS Awards Banquet

There is also:

2002 GETS Lego Stuff

This last one is giving me problems, but hopefully should be solved shortly...

Pics are so-so considering the crappy lighting of the hall.

But hey...comments and flames welcome...

Jason Krish

In lugnet.trains, Steve Chapple writes:
Highlights:  About 9000 people toured the various layouts;  Kevin and
his lift bridge featured in our local paper (local population ~1 million);
After years of taking second place at shows we finally got a first place
finish.  One factor which we didn't consider much before - other clubs
have layouts that don't really change from year to year while ours is not
only bigger/better than most of them, but almost entirely new each year.
There was great details inside buildings - many times not seen (or even
possible to see) including the first? working minifig escalator underneath
the domed shopping mall.

Here  http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=26099  is a link
to some photos.  My camera is quite poor by today's standards - many
more/bigger/higher-res. pictures (and further details) to follow...

SRC
LUGNet#765
http://bricklink.com/store.asp?p=SRC

Re: NALUG takes 1st place at GEmTS 2002