 Trains / 17591
  Re: restoring, 9v, track

I should have clarified this before writting. I use the below products on the metal rails of the track. Soap and water work on the plastic. (...) (22 years ago, 8-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: restoring, 9v, track

(...) The timing of this thread is incredible!! (perhaps uncanny) -- since I was about to ask this same question. I know all about using alcohol from Wayne. So I tried a new household sponge soaked in 91% rubbing alchol (typical rubbing alchol is (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: restoring, 9v, track

(...) Please do! (...) I'd advise using white (artgum) rather than pink, as pink has abrasive in it. If white works as well, you've saved abrading your track a bit. Abrasion, I would think, would increase the rate of subsequent dirt accretion. The (...) (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: restoring, 9v, track

(...) The problem with any abrasive cleaning is that it leaves tiny grooves, causing the track to get dirty again even sooner... at least that's what I learned from/being a h0 railroader. (22 years ago, 10-Sep-02, to lugnet.trains)