 Trains / 17438 (-20)
  Design Study - Royal Hudson (Jason Railton, James Mathis, & SteveB)

Here's a few shots of the redesigned RH with Dark Red Stripes and some very clever SNOT work suggested by Jason Railton and some follow on ideas from James Mathis. You can see the details implemented in the image rh5-600. deep links... (URL) (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains) !

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

I'd love some more ideas of the implementation of this concept, anyone up to it... So I've been looking for sub 1 plate thick elements. The verticle panel part of a 1x2x1 panel is a 1/2 plate thinkness. The top "plate" of a 1x2x1 titling hinge has (...) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Orange (was Re: Dark Red MOT rendering)

Looks pretty snazzy. (...) (URL) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: santa fe -poster- in progress

(...) Hey, that's pretty neat! I especially like the signal tower. The colors seem a bit washed out to me for some reason, though. Spotlighted. (thanks for sharing!) (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  santa fe -poster- in progress

here is a "in progress" of a scene someday i will finish (URL) i have to add some cars! but enjoy the picture (22 years ago, 26-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains) !

  Datsville Railroad (was: Datsville RR new F7a F7b)

(...) the models for the passenger set are: f7a official lego model( with slight changes), f7b - moc, baggage - official, cars - official/ basd mocs. im doing a second engine for the "2002 datsville return" and right now i am deciding the original (...) (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: Datsville RR new F7a F7b

(...) They are super! I too like to see them in Datsville. What is the MOC/Official LEGO model ratio? /Tore (22 years ago, 25-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Kind words. Thanks. This would contain loads of nice SNOT parts. I didn't real-brick-build my concept, and as Steve Barile mentioned, it may need some structural reinforcement. Also a little tough to build in a good interior with the floor (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H1CsFw.5Fo@lugnet.com... (...) from (...) given (...) Is it done yet. (...) post, (...) the (...) Blah, blah, blah.... (...) Here we go again, blah, blah, blah..... (...) any (...) (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

I followed this discussion: fantastic waste of words and webspace! I love it. Oké, my suggestion to make up between you two: Larry: you design a neat small automatic track-sweaper, to be mounted on a 9V motor, frontside of course.... Building not (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego(r) trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

(...) As to this particular issue, I stand behind my opinion, by and large, in normal use, the 9V track doesn't need regular cleaning. Can it benefit from it? Maybe... I haven't needed to, though. Others have. That's fine. Is it appropriate to put (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Datsville RR new F7a F7b

this is the model i would like to have in datsille if it ever is continued. (URL) are the engines. the baggage and consist will be made later based on the 10022 and 10025 . i plan to make custom sticker parts for the cars. once the whole train is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.cad.dat.models, lugnet.trains)

  Friendly forum?

Thanks to Bricklink's new chat feature (a big thank you Dan Jezek), I've made many new friends of the LEGO® persuasion. Therefore, my use of LUGNET shall be limited to announcements of completed MOC's only, rather than trying to prove an obscure (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.general)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Considering how many times I've posted in reply to Mr. P... ...my opinion stands And I thought this discussion was over with. Well, as of this minute...I will no longer post advice or debate of any kind. My words will be limited to announcing my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: How to start on Lego® trains. What to buy? Which system? // For train FAQ

Harvey, Personally, I think you need to stiffen your spine a bit. Larry was in no way talking down to you. You seem to bristle at ANYTHING Larry posts, whether it is constructive criticism or not. I think your perception of Larry (i.e. you) is the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

OK, James, now you need to create a MOC series using these parts and get Lego to produce them ;-) (...) -- Tom Stangl ***(URL) Visual FAQ home ***(URL) Bay Area DSMs (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Thanks James for a nice implementation and drawing that all out. Some of those smaller elements (which nicely portray construction detail) can be replaced by long elements that ties it all together, adding more strength. SteveB (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Sorry about that. Dig deep: (URL) the folder is approved for public viewing, you should also find an MLCad .mpd file for this model. later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

(...) Gaaah... not public yet. :-( Got a deep link? :-) -Tim (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  MicroStriping Inspired by Steve Barile

Steve Barile shared with me an idea for making thin stripes. I've tinkered with the idea and come up with this solution: (URL) cool idea, Steve! later, James Mathis (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact