 Trains / 17252
Re: BayLTC's first GATS show - pictures now avaialble
Newsgroups:
lugnet.trains
Date:
Tue, 13 Aug 2002 16:54:41 GMT

"Jason Spears" <spearjr@hotmail.com> writes:

In lugnet.announce, William R. Ward writes:
I have posted pictures from our first GATS show:

http://www.wards.net/~bill/lego/events/train-shows/gats-2002-08/

Comments, questions, feedback welcome!

Great job BayLTC!  The elevation change for the water area is cool.  Is that
a wave sweaping towards the beach?  The HUGE red roundhouse looks impressive
too.  Impressive MOCs all around.

Thanks.  (I built the cliff with boat ramp.)  There is a 12 brick
difference in elevation.

One thing that may not be clear from the pictures is that the railroad
bridge is actually a motorized lift-bridge (drawbridge), thanks to
David Wegmuller.  The center span is motorized and can lift up.  It is
controlled by a train speed regulator.

The road bridge (yellow arched truss), which I built, is at a higher
elevation so it does not need to be motorized.  Ships up to 20 bricks
high or so can pass under the bridges when the railroad bridge is
raised.

--Bill.

                      Verbing weirds language.  --Calvin