 Trains / 17118 (-20)
  Re: Now what?

You both have something that I tried for two years in the model shop to get my hands on to no avail. *grin* Congrats! Best I could do was some of the hand molded new elements that they used to prototype new model designs. -john 3 (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Actually I have some of those, I found them inside of the sculptures that we rescued ((URL) They're kind of a funny brown gray color with lots of swirls. These were used as structural supports inside of the sculptures. While repairing the (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) It's in the Train Catalog. I've seen it. 5 for $148 or 2 for $65. Paul SInasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Well, I have a couple dozen assorted 'swirly' bricks.... They are kept very securely locked up. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Where do the calendar announcements go?

I've always email Jake directly to have stuff added. jt (...) (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Where do the calendar announcements go?

Where do the calendar announcements go to be picked up by lego for this page? (URL) 3 (22 years ago, 4-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Tell you what Larry, I'll colour you bright red, yellow and blue and see if that helps clear things up! :-) I guess these have all looked European in the past. The "DB" stickers didn't help matters. Being British though, they look as foreign (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) <snip> (...) I'm also missing the possibility to tap-off current from the train wheels. When this is possible, then we can add lights (LED's)in our passenger / freight cars. Just thinking on the red light that you find back on the last freight (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

We need a new train set in the shops not just from LEGO direct so that ordinary children see them and buy them. Lego trains should not just be for those with internet access. It should be based on a real train. David (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) I was hoping there would be a Christmas special of the Santa Fe loco + motor + two of the passenger Santa Fe cars + one Santa Fe baggage car. Where did you hear about the 5 car offer ? Regards, David (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Hogwort's Express

I was taking a look at the Hogwort's Express last night, terrible how they used road wheels for the model. but I like the outline of the engine. Therefore, I'll use it to make my first MOC I've built in over a year...a steam turbine electric. Has (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

"Larry Pieniazek" <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:H08J4H.oG@lugnet.com... (...) That's exactly what I want to see, yes we *did* have them, but no more... Huw (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

Honestly, I couldn't tell you. I was in the American model shop in Enfield and we had constraints that the model shop in Billund did not have. (Windsor Locks was just opening in my time and the Billund shop was handling their models.) We were not (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Here to stay this time (i.e. My full return to the brick)

Fellow trainheads, after an extended hiatus I announce my full return to the medium which I just can't give up for building trains no matter how hard I tried. Why the extended hiatus? Due to significant changes in my life, including a new job (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.people, lugnet.general)

  Re: Now what?

(...) The other night I was looking through a curent Marklin catalog and something occured to me...the shape of the front/rear ends of current Euro freight engines is just about identical to the shape of the canopy on Jango Fett's ship, all it (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

Hello Jason, (...) With the exception of the Metroliner, this is exactly why I don't own any of these sets. I have to admit I am tempted to get some of them just for parts, because they do have really cool parts. But I am more into 12V anyway, even (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Nah, Sand Red roof and Chrome Green bricks :-) To move this on topic, pictures of the Goose #6 will be submitted tonight to Brickshelf. Paul Sinasohn LUGNET #115 (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) I think the 4561 still serves a purpose as an entry level set. It's the only train set that you can get and run right out of the box. So I think it will stay around. jt (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - changed shipment date for Europe

(...) Just noticed that shipment date for 10022 has been changed for Europe. It is now 13 september, rather than 31 august. kecia (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

I would love to see an Orient Express! But seriously, the "Americanization" of the trains has got me as well. A revised 7745 TGV (fell in love when I first saw it in '85) using more current parts or something really new as an ICE would certainly (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact