 Trains / 17093 (-10)
  Re: Now what?

(...) Well, I guess to Europeans, the trains of the past have been bland and generic (though there have been less generic models like the Crocodile). To Americans (including Canadians), the trains have had a distinctly European flavor. I agree (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Bear in mind that an awful lot of Lego train enthusiasts look at these and think "Metroliner -> Amtrak -> American. Big red caboose -> American. Santa Fe -> American. Silver carriages -> American. When are we going to see some variety?" (or (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

"John Kelly 3" <jkelly3@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:H07sxL.5wA@lugnet.com... (...) any (...) complete (...) If (...) were (...) always (...) The inventory you had available to you in the model shop is nothing to do with the inventory of parts (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

Nice thought. When you examine what LEGO has been putting out recently in its train line what do you see? My eyes see this wonderful thing called variety. You've got Metroliner, Santa Fe (and cars for it!), the small and large train engines with (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

(...) of those for my interlocking tower, too! :-) :-( -John (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Ok, I obviously need to keep my eyes more open. I don't remember seeing that last time I rode the train through Beverly Shores. Wacky. -Jason +---...---+ Jason Spears MichLUG - (URL) Lego Page - (URL) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Santa Fe Cars - now on lego.com

(...) What I want to know is why do both the "kits" cost the same but one has almost 100 more pieces? Dan (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

(...) Yeah, thats probally where the color system would have worked, or maybe they should of tryed a SFSC Freight Unit(Blue and Yellow) Dan (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

  Re: Now what?

I always find these types of comments fascinating. It could be that LEGO has changed quite a bit since I was a Model Builder for them. (Well it’s changed a lot in that most of the shop I was part of was moved off shore.) One of the common (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains, lugnet.lego.direct)

  Re: Now what?

I'm always the guy making him nervous. I love showing that the roof comes off! I've taken to brining a cooler so kids can stand on it and peek in at the scenes inside. No problems.... yet. (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.trains)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact