 Trains / 16911
    Re: GMLTC Update —Jason J. Railton
   (...) Fairly easy to make your own: 1. Cut a 1m cable in half. 2. Take one half and shorten one of the two wires at the end by two inches. 3. Solder a reed switch to the ends so it lies along the cable. 4. Put some heat shrink over it all. 5. (...) (22 years ago, 20-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GMLTC Update —John Gerlach
   (...) You make it sound so easy... <grin> Do you have to orient it a certain direction? Knowing my luck I'd install it upside down or something... JohnG, GMLTC (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)

        Re: GMLTC Update —Jason J. Railton
   (...) It's not too hard. I'm rubbish at soldering - I always overheat things. This worked fairly well though. Heat shrink is easy to use too - just bring it near heat like a haridryer, lighter, or cooker hob to tighten it. You have to lay the reed (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.trains)